Thursday, February 20, 2014

Locked up!

Caroline has been spending some time in baby jail this week... so Bill and I can finally get some projects completed.

We have learned to utilize her nap time, but certain things have to be done while she's awake due to the noise.

One such project was recovering the ottoman that I made a few years back. We moved the ottoman into our bedroom to go with a rocking chair when Caroline was born. Since our bedroom is gray and white and fairly modern, the fabric just wasn't doing it for me anymore.


Caroline and I ventured to JoAnn's and I found this beautiful HGTV fabric that was on sale for $9.99 a yard. I only needed about a yard and a half for the ottoman, but I bought 3 yards. I've already put it to good use!

Recovering was simple enough... I laid the fabric right side down on the floor. Then I just flipped the ottoman over and unscrewed the legs. I pulled the fabric night and taut and Bill used the staple gun to secure the fabric in place. The whole process took about 10 minutes and we were left with this pretty gal...


I looooooooove her. A lot.


I don't think the pictures do her justice. I've got to work on my photography skills. And maybe not take pictures when its practically dark out.

Its funny to me how I liked the original fabric so much just 2 years ago and now I couldn't stand to look at it anymore. Do your tastes change frequently too? What quick updates have you been able to complete by sticking your baby in jail?

Thanks for reading,
Kathleen



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love hearing your feedback! Its a great feeling to get a comment and realize that people are actually reading this blog. Thanks for taking the time :)