Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Lucky Coincedence

After I made the cushion for Simon's bench the other day, Bill requested that I make one for an outdoor bench we keep by the front door. Of course I was happy to oblige!

I went to JoAnn's and found this lovely yellow outdoor fabric and bought a yard and a quarter of it. I also bought some navy blue piping since I had such success with it the first time I used it. By the way, I think I like most of the outdoor fabric better than the indoor stuff lately. They have some really cute stuff to choose from.

Anyway, I measured the bench outside and made a cushion following the same directions I did when I made Simon's cushion. Once I had finished it, I realized that it perfectly matched a few outdoor pillows that I had picked up in Target last year. What a nice coincedence!


Looking at the pictures really makes me notice that the bench is in rough shape. That might be a project for when the weather is a little more stable!


Ignore the leaves under the bench. Whenever is gets windy the leaves get trapped up in this corner of the house.


Simon chewing up the memory foam has really afforded me the chance to complete several projects that I wouldn't have done otherwise. I'm definitely looking at the bright side! I hope everyone is enjoying Spring Break! Is anyone else completing any projects around the house? Do tell...

Thanks for reading,
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love hearing your feedback! Its a great feeling to get a comment and realize that people are actually reading this blog. Thanks for taking the time :)