Friday, July 20, 2012

Have a Heart

My sister celebrated her birthday this week and I saw this as the perfect opportunity to whip up some personalized art for her soon-to-be stairway photo wall. While browsing through Pinterest, I found a link to this site that allows you to enter in text and it'll put it into different shapes.

Since my sister recently got married, I decided to use the lyrics of their wedding song and chose the heart shape. The program only allows 1000 characters, so I had to do a little editing, but it was a simple process. Then I just printed it, popped it in a matted frame, and voila!


My sister likes it and I can't wait to see it up on her wall sometime soon.

Of course, I couldn't make this and not do something for our own house. I used a line from our wedding song and again chose the heart shape. Since this one is only one line it looks a little different, but still cute.
Please don't mind the glare on the picture frame. Its hard to get a good picture in that room on a sunny day. Almost all of the frames on that wall are filled now, so I'm almost ready to reveal this photo wall to you. Patience!

Have you created any DIY gifts lately? I love how personalized they can be.

Thanks for reading,
Kathleen

Linked up at:

Lil\'Luna


2 comments:

  1. That is such a good idea. Today is my husband's birthday. I wish saw this idea a few weeks ago (or even a couple days ago) :)

    ~Lisha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep it in the vault for future gift-giving occasions!

      Delete

I really love hearing your feedback! Its a great feeling to get a comment and realize that people are actually reading this blog. Thanks for taking the time :)