Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I'm a terrible blogger, but I've got an excuse!

I've been a terrible blogger. I cannot believe that it's been more than 3 months since I last posted anything. I'm making it a goal to get back to posting in a more regular pattern.

Although I haven't been posting, it's amazing to me how many people have visited the blog while I've been neglecting it. Thanks to Pinterest, I've gotten quite a bit of traffic.

Luckily, I'll have quite a few projects to post about in the next few months. My big excuse for not blogging lately is that I'm pregnant! My husband and I are so excited to welcome our sweet baby girl in May. We've already started working on her nursery. The room has been painted and Bill put up a new light fixture. I'm hoping to get the room picked up a bit and share real photos this weekend, but for now I've got this lovely Droid photo. The color is Benjamin Moore's revere pewter.


I also have been taking pregnancy photos along the way. I was really good in the beginning about taking them every 2 weeks, but things got so busy with the holidays and school that I've been slacking lately. Here's the most recent one, taken almost 6 weeks ago. I'm already entertained by looking at this and remembering that I thought my "bump" was big then! We're taking the pictures in front of the chalkboard wall in my craft room and I'm writing important events that happened since the last photo was taken.


Bill and I debated for a while about finding out the gender of the Chalupa. Bill wanted to know the whole time and I was intrigued by the idea of being surprised after going through labor. Ultimately, the planner in me won out and we found out the gender at our 20 week ultrasound. Instead of telling everyone right away, we snapped a few photos and sent out New Year's cards to our family and friends wishing them a happy new year as we awaited the arrival of our baby girl. Turns out, the card was a bit of a reading assessment because some people did not realize that we were sharing such good news on the card! Here are the pictures we included, which were also a bit of a giveaway.
Big Brother Simon Dog



That's all I've got for now, but I look forward to sharing more of our nursery progress and we get moving. Of course I've been scouring Pinterest for inspiration and can't wait to get going on some of the fun projects. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and is enjoying 2013!

Thanks for reading,
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love hearing your feedback! Its a great feeling to get a comment and realize that people are actually reading this blog. Thanks for taking the time :)