Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pinterest Strikes Again - Sweet Nursery Art

A lot of the projects that I take on have been inspired by Pinterest. Today's post was no exception.

My friend's son is turning one next week and she pinned something on Pinterest that I knew I could recreate for her.

I used my Silhouette to cut out the giraffe - I purchased him from the Silhouette store. Then I used the sketch pen to write out the baby's name and birthday. The sketch pens still don't quite work for me, so I ended up using a different white pen and filling in the letters. After popping it into a matted frame, we were good to go.

I think its pretty sweet and might just be my new go-to baby gift. If there was any free wall space in Caroline's room, I would totally make her one!

I love giving handmade gifts, even if I don't always have time to create them. I received several handmade items at my baby showers and they were each so thoughtful.

Do you have a go-to baby gift? After having Caroline, my idea of a great baby gift has changed - practical is best, handmade is a bonus, and I most definitely pay attention to the season when buying clothing in a bigger size. So many things to think about!

Thanks for reading,
Kathleen


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love hearing your feedback! Its a great feeling to get a comment and realize that people are actually reading this blog. Thanks for taking the time :)