Thursday, March 1, 2012

No Sew Table Runner

We finally got a measurable amount of snow in New York, so we're enjoying our first snow day of the year. Simon has really enjoyed playing in the snow!
 Here's a confession: I'm not a huge fan of table cloths. We paid a pretty penny for our dining table, so I hate to cover up the beautiful walnut. The table did need to be dressed up a little though, so I decided to make a table runner.

I found this fabric that I loved at JoAnn's and bought a yard of it. All I had to do was cut the fabric in half and then iron over the edges so they were clean.
It was as easy as that! I had enough fabric to make two runners, so one went on the dining table as planned.
The other runner went on the cheap-o dresser that I repainted for the kitchen. I'll do a post on that amazing find sooner or later!
I love that fabric that I chose. It's so versatile and really is appropriate for a special occasion or everyday use. So far they have stayed really clean, but if they ever get messy I can just toss them in the washer.

Another easy DIY project here at the Pickett's house. What did you do to enjoy the snow day? Any DIY projects? I took the surprise day off to relax and watch a Property Brothers marathon on HGTV!

Thanks for reading,
Kathleen
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love hearing your feedback! Its a great feeling to get a comment and realize that people are actually reading this blog. Thanks for taking the time :)