Thursday, May 10, 2012

Nerd Alert

I'm a bit of a nerd. I'm sure the whole math teacher thing gives that away. Anyway, when Bill and I got married I purchased just about everything I saw that had a "P" on it. I already showed off the key hook in our mudroom that proudly displays our initial on it.

I was in a craft store and saw a bunch of wooden letters in different fonts, so I bought the letters W, K, and P to make up our monogram for another cute, cheap and easy art to display in our mudroom.  The letters were under two dollars each. I already had the shadow boxes from my old house. I just used some red paint that I already had on hand, and voila - artwork for under ten bucks.


The frame is up in our mudroom. It adds a little bit of refined character to the most rustic room in our house.


Look at Simon - he's so nosy. Always looking out the window and checking out everyone that walks by!

By the way, this is what our guest bathroom currently looks like! Eeeek!! Hopefully we'll be on the road to putting it back together soon!


What do you use in your home to personalize it? Has anyone else completely ripped out a bathroom and started over? This is our first big reno, so I'm excited and nervous about it!

Thanks for reading,
Kathleen

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the reno, Kath. It looks like HGTV! Aunt Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aunt Jeanie! We finally bought tile for the floor yesterday, so it'll slowly start getting put back together soon.

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing your feedback! Its a great feeling to get a comment and realize that people are actually reading this blog. Thanks for taking the time :)